Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Light Asylum - Light Asylum (2012)


80s-indebted, electro-dance-fueled darkwave. Since it may not be immediately obvious, I'd like to point out that those incredible vocals are indeed provided by a woman -- who, incidentally, I spotted while leaving a Lebanese restaurant yesterday, thereby reigniting my interest in this amazing project. "A Certain Person" is one of my favorite songs of the decade thus far.

Track listing:
1. Hour Fortress
2. Pope Will Roll
3. IPC
4. Heart of Dust
5. Sins of the Flesh
6. Angel Tongue
7. Shallow Tears
8. At Will
9. End of Days
10. A Certain Person

Burn it to the ground

You should also listen to:
Suicide -
A Way of Life (1988)
Adventure -
Lesser Known (2011)

9 comments:

  1. yeah killer, light asylum blew my mind when they came through melbourne a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this link is down any chance of a re-up its a class album x cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Link is fixed, not sure why all my links keep going down

      Delete
  3. Damn, the link is down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, great description. I too had to specify a female fronted the duo - so much confusion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Link down again. There's some weird stuff going on with Zippy. You are not alone on this blog. Quite a few others I follow are having the same problem.
    Pretty frustrating for all concerned, no doubt. I guess we wait to see if it returns to "normal service" or not!
    Thanks for all your good work though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks indeed for the Mega link!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Obrigado/Thank you

    ReplyDelete